S1E14 - Get Inspired
What does it mean to be inspired? Why does it matter to be inspired? If you’re looking for answers to these questions, you’ve definitely come to the right place. In today’s episode, McKay not only offers his responses to them, but, along the way, he also teaches us the characteristics of an inspired person, and how to grow into someone who lives an inspired life, in order to achieve your purpose. McKay uses his illustrative storytelling to bring to life the story behind the famous Iwo Jima photo and Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream” speech. He delves into what being inspired means, discusses the characteristics of an inspired person, and challenges you to increase your intrinsic motivation by seeking regular feedback, making meaning of what you're doing, and learning with other members of your team. He rounds off with the story of Jake Olson who dared the impossible and encourages us to do the same. Prepare to be inspired yourself while learning all about the power of inspiration here today. The Finer Details of This Episode:
- The inspiring story of the famous Iwo Jima photo
- “I Have A Dream” - The result of being inspired
- What makes a thing or a person or a life inspired?
- How do you live inspired?
- The characteristics of an inspired person.
- Intrinsic motivation vs extrinsic motivation
- Why extrinsic motivation does not last.
- 3 ways to increase your intrinsic motivation
- Doing the impossible - Jake Olson’s story.
- The most inspiring time in McKay’s life Quotes: “We all wonder sometimes if our current efforts or job or life's choice of work is worth the effort.” “Imagine if you and I could harness the power of being inspired.” “When we let inspiring people and words into our life, we change, we get inspired.” “Being inspired is more than just a momentary thing.” “There's something that enters into our very being when we are growing and learning.” “When you reflect on yourself or you see your reflection when you look in the mirror, I hope you see what I see, what your family and what your team and your Maker see - your inspiring potential.” “Every day in every city, on your team, you can make more of a difference than you imagined.” “You were not made to be invisible. You were made to be invincible.” “Let the inspired feeling of what you can do work inside of you.” “Ships were not made to sit in the harbor where the water is smooth. They were made to sail in the ocean, where there are risks and danger.” “Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible, and suddenly, you're doing the impossible.” “When you're inspired, you find something unexpected - you find who you really are and what you can become.” Show Links: Open Your Eyes with McKay Christensen